Arm balances can be some of the most empowering and liberating asanas in yoga. They not only
motivate you to build strength and improve flexibility and mobility, they also grow your confidence
and enable you to take your practice to the next level. Through the exploration of arm balances, we
get to discover our intrinsic power and innate playfulness, courage, fearlessness and agility.
This Sweatbox Yoga workshop will begin with an energetic flow to prepare the body, emphasizing on
building strength in your arms, shoulders, wrist and core and finding space and mobility in your hips
and shoulders that are essential for the arm balance postures that we will be exploring.
We will then work on individual arm balances, with a step-by-step guide to get into the postures,
and tips and tricks with props to help you take flight. You will learn how to distribute your weight
and how to create lightness and lift in your practice.
- Find a deeper understanding of alignment and preparatory stages for arm balances
- Learn techniques to help you get into and hold arm balances
- Build strength in arms, shoulders, wrist & core
- Find lightness in your strength
- Surprise yourself by getting closer to holding arm balances or holding them longer than you ever have before!
We will cover the following postures:
WORKSHOP A (2hrs)
- Baby crow
- Bakasana (Crow pose)
- Single leg crow
- Funky crow
- Bhujapidasana (shoulder press pose)
WORKSHOP B (2hrs)
- Side crow
- Eka pada koundinyasana 1
- Eka pada koundinyasana 2
- Elephant trunk
- Eight angle
Early Bird Price : (before 15 Sept) : $280
Regular Price : $350
Date & Time: 29 October Friday 7:30 – 9:30pm and 31 October Sunday 1-3pm
Location: Bukit Timah outlet